Verse(s) for today:
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 KJV
Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all.
1 Chronicles 29:11 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you, but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
Thought for today:
The individual with a negative mental attitude attracts troubles as a magnet attracts steel filings.
Jan 26th [Today] is the first St. Thomas Barter and Trade event, at 6pm.
Destination Church at 6pm on Thursday 26th Jan'23
668 Talbot St, St Thomas, ON N5P 1C8, Canada
Use back door to enter...parking at back.
$2/fee per person to cover rental...which will be donated to churches school lunch program.
Contact Herma 519-719-3581 if you have questions!
Ukraine - No longer a money drain but a Profit Centre?
Well, if you had any questions about who is in control of US policy, this helps answer them.
Here's Vlodomyr Zelensky addressing a large Chamber of Commerce group with some of the most powerful corporations on earth, thanking them for all their work in supporting Ukraine.
It is obvious that American business can become the locomotive that can once again push forward global economic growth. We have already managed to attract attention and have cooperation with such giants of the international financial and investment world as BlackRock, JP Morgan, and Goldman Sachs such American brands as StarLink or Westinghouse have already become part of our Ukrainian way.
Zelensky is buttering up these major corporations so that they will make investments in Ukraine while his nation is at war with Russia.
Ukraine is getting big money from major corporations AND the US Congress. Zelensky has no incentive to make any kind of deal to end this war as long as the money keeps pouring in.
And in the video above, he is encouraging these mega-corporations to invest in heavy arms in Ukraine.
Everyone can become a big business by working with Ukraine! In all sectors, from weapons and defense, to construction, to communications to agriculture, from transport, to IT, from banks to medicine.
And I believe that freedom must always win.
It was nice of him to throw in that little bit of red meat about "freedom" at the end.
After all, if you don't support a war far away from the US with no end in sight that only serves to drain money from our own country, then you hate freedom!
Anyways, at least Goldman Sachs can make more money if we prolong this war!
That's what it's really all about now. [Vlodomyr Zelensky]
Globe & Mail:
Bank of Canada delivers quarter-point rate hike, signals pause to further increases:
The Bank of Canada increased interest rates again yesterday but said that it expects to hold off on further rate hikes, making it the first major central bank to signal an end to monetary policy tightening.
The bank raised its benchmark rate by a quarter of a percentage point, bringing the policy rate to 4.5 per cent, the highest level since 2007. This was the eighth consecutive rate hike in 11 months.
The bank’s decision to announce a “conditional pause” marks a major shift in monetary policy. Over the past year, it has forced Canadian borrowing costs sharply higher to combat runaway inflation. This has hammered the housing market and pushed the economy to the edge of a recession.
· David Parkinson: Welcome to neutral-ish: The Bank of Canada’s almost-end to rate hikes
Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem takes part in an interview after announcing an interest rate decision in Ottawa, Jan. 25, 2023. [BLAIR GABLE/REUTERS]
Supreme Court ruling Friday could change how mandatory minimum sentences are handled:
The use of imaginary people committing made-up crimes will be at the heart of a Supreme Court ruling this week on the constitutionality of mandatory minimum sentences in certain gun crimes.
Little-known outside the legal world, invented scenarios have helped Canadian courts strike down dozens of mandatory sentences over the past five years – everything from illegal gun possession to drug trafficking outside a school to possession of child pornography.
But now, after a senior Alberta judge urged the Supreme Court to undo 30 years of its own rulings on the subject, the practice of using invented circumstances will be under a microscope tomorrow. [Globe & Mail]
H0m3M@de HCL (5 Min)
F@L$3 FL@g BL@ck0u+$ R@mp!ng Up (21 Min)
K!m w/ Wh!Tn3y: $c@ry Tru+h @b0u+ N3W WHO Ch!3F $c!3nT!$T (26 Min)
16 yr Prem!3r S0ccer Pro**Le T3$$ier (8 Min)
$h@K!ng: Th3 D3v!L'$ Man!f3$T0**BL0ck3d 0n YT (29 Min)
What do you think:
Isn't this like invaders entering Petra? NATO funnels tanks through Ukraine. And when Europe has exhausted itself, Russia can move like a giant wave across the continent. What do you think?
Russia first has to weather the Storm… let’s call it a ‘Tank storm’!
You make an excellent point… once the Tanks are depleted- Russia will roll across NATO like a Tidal Wave. We may witness the Restored Holy Roman Empire established by Putin in our lifetime!
Re tank storm. We could be about to witness God doing miracles like He did during the 6 Day War. "Against all odds"! I think it will happen soon because of the election in Turkey in May, and situation in the USA. France is the missing piece.
France Top Target:
Interesting short read! [Patrick & Don]
Interesting Note in the Globe & Mail:
U.S., Germany to send almost 100 tanks to Ukraine; Canada not yet committed
The U.S. and Germany have agreed on a plan to send dozens of tanks to Ukraine as the country prepares for an expected increase in Russian attacks this spring and to launch a counteroffensive of its own. And the War goes on – and on – and on…
January 26, 2023 at 5:00 am
· To maximize the opportunity for the Turkish public to come to the polls... President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan brought forward the election date from an originally scheduled June 18 to May 14.
· Erdoğan's treatment -- through a judiciary totally under his control -- of one of his potential rivals, Istanbul's Mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu, who defeated Erdogan's party in 2019, is revealing. A court sentenced the popular İmamoğlu to a two-year prison sentence and a ban from politics for calling election officials who had annulled his first election "idiots." (Imamoğlu won twice.) If his conviction is not annulled or overturned, that verdict may take the Imamoğlu out of the presidential race.
· Erdoğan has made it a habit to use the courts in the way he thinks would best suit his political agenda. As of 2020, the number of Kurdish mayors in prison was 21. The Erdoğan administration had appointed its own administrators to 45 of a total of 65 municipalities won by the pro-Kurdish party, Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), in 2019.
· Turkey's Constitutional Court is currently being asked to order the closure of the party, which has 56 deputies in Turkey's parliament. An indictment against the party seeks to ban 451 politicians and party members from organized political activity or membership of political parties for a period of five years and forfeiture of the party's assets.... Even the mere freezing of assets [as has occurred] will deprive the HDP of the means to finance its election campaign.
· Turkey's 2023 elections will not only be a race between those Turks who want freedom and despise Islamist rule and those who prefer to starve while dreaming of Ottoman times. It also promises to be maker of Turkey's global journey for at least the next five years.
· Turkey's 2023 elections will not only be a race between those Turks who want freedom and despise Islamist rule and those who prefer to starve while dreaming of Ottoman times. It also promises to be maker of Turkey's global journey for at least the next five years. Pictured: President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan addresses a meeting of provincial election officials in Ankara on January 29, 2019. (Photo by Adem Altan/AFP via Getty Images)
Everyone in Turkey, in its region and in countries with interests or concerns about Turkey's political future, probably agree that presidential and parliamentary elections this spring will be the most important for every nation involved. To maximize the opportunity for the Turkish public to come to the polls, after calculating external factors such as Muslim Hajj pilgrimage, a religious holiday and university entrance exams, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan brought forward the election date from an originally scheduled June 18 to May 14. [Burak Bekdil]
If you don't know what it is, Jordan Peterson will explain it in words you'll never forget.
Meme du Jour:
Scientists can tell us how a mummy died 10,000 years ago:
The truth is like a Lion. You don’t have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.
St Augustine [Patrick Bestall]
This is just ‘Informational’ and YOU must make up YOUR OWN MIND!
Note: It is my understanding from the below information that as of Sun. 29 Jan. 2023 the Forex will be trading foreign currencies based on the new gold/asset-backed rates.
· On Tues. 31 Jan. 2023 the US Inc. fiat Dollar will transition to the new gold/asset-backed US Note.
· As of Wed. 1 Feb. 2023 the US In. fiat Dollar will no longer be recognized as legal tender anywhere in the world.
· On Thurs. 2 Feb. banks and stores will be pulling the fiat US Dollar and sending it to the US Treasury to be destroyed.
· On Friday 3 Feb. all Basel 4 Compliant banks will be functioning on the new Quantum financial system and will go public with the new gold/ asset-backed currency International Rates.
Men's EVENT scheduled for 25th March in LONDON, ON:
Mark your Calendars and plan on bringing an unsaved Friend!